Friday, July 6, 2007

The Control Problem

Major stuck point here. If I use the picoLCD's usblcd utility program, I can see that the keypresses and IR signals are heard by the hardware. By examining the LCDd.conf file, I can see that lcdproc does have the ability to read keypresses. (Looking at the source code for the picoLCD driver for lcdproc, it only supports keypresses at the moment, not IR signals.) But for whatever reason, the keypresses are not getting through mythlcdserver to MythTV.

I'm not entirely sure who's to blame, but at the moment I'm suspecting the problem is with mythlcdserver attempting to bind to key events 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', and 'F' where lcdproc (with the picoLCD driver) reports key events of 'Plus', 'Minus', 'F1', 'F2', 'F3', 'F4', 'F5', 'Left', 'Right', 'Up', 'Down', and 'Enter'. mythlcdserver also seems rather intent on using single-character keys only. I think I'll see what I can do about that.

If I'm right, then there may be an issue with trying to map LCD keys to MythTV commands. I really don't want the F1 key on the keypad to bring up Help. But one step at a time...

No comments: