Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Stubborn, isn't it?

I found another instance of the PREFIX directive, in the settings.pro file. The code around it would seem to indicate it defaults to /usr/local only if it's not already set; apparently configure --prefix=/usr doesn't set it to settings.pro's satisfaction. I set the prefix to /usr there as well, recompiled, linked to my libmythtv library, and finally, a successful boot.

Except it would seem that my code did not take effect. Down still sent a Key_Right.

Well, maybe the library isn't referenced, but compiled into the front end. Copy the compiled version of mythfrontend into place, reboot -- nope.

One last try. Maybe, just maybe, the fact that the old library was in /usr/lib at the time of compile of the programs caused confusion. I'll recompile.

While that's compiling, I'm going to take a look at the MythWifi plugin. Unless and until someone writes a lirc driver for the picoLCD (don't know if I will be able to), it'll be the closest thing we get to remote control. (And, if I can't get the front panel working, it'll be the only thing we get to control at all, barring hooking up an actual keyboard.)

No comments: